Monday, March 05, 2007

Mozhi

A movie in Tamil; meaning Language. I have not watched the movie but got to see few scenes from the movie. But I am very eager to watch the movie. I will definitely give it a shot once it is released in Bangalore.

From the trailer got to know that the story goes something like this:
There is this gal who is deprived of the power of hearing and speech. And this guy working in the music field falls in love with this gal. He falls in love with this gal even though he knows that she is deprived of the power of hearing and speech. He learns the sign language with which he can communicate better with her and also understand her better. He proposes to her and I am not sure how the story ends.

There was one scene from the trailer which actually touched me. The dialogue goes something like this. (Not very exact though)
He: When I see the moon I get reminded of a story which my mother had told me when I was small.
She: My mother has never told me a story.
He: If you miss someone a lot and look at the moon you can see them in the moon. I used to miss my grandma a lot! So when I was small I used to look at the moon and the grandma in the moon will resemble my grandma. Have you ever missed someone?
She: No.
He: Haven’t you missed anyone in this world at all?
She: No….

I was taken aback. Could there be someone who have all their dear family friends and loved ones close to them that they will not miss them at all? If yes then he/she is very lucky.

When I watched this I got reminded of my college days. In the night when I used to turn towards the sea it’s just me, the vast sea, the cool breeze and the beautiful moon. The feeling is too good.

The story also is very true. As I stayed in the hostel; used to miss my parents a lot. The moon gives you good company that you tend to forget all the loneliness in the world.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

the movie is really good and i watched it yesterday only. better dont miss this film

Narayanan said...

Hei ...a neat movie