Friday, October 27, 2006

Life

The howling wind in the background faded, as this part of the conversation came to life ...


"Let's play a game."
"And what game is this?"
"Well, it won't be a game anymore if I tell you what it is."
"But you need to tell me the rules at least."
"You will figure out the rules, as you go along."
"But what if I make mistakes?"
"You will learn from those mistakes."
"That is not fair."
"Yes, I know."
"Then it might be a game to you, but not to me."
"Who said it was a game to you? I just said 'Let's play a game."
"Okay, let's assume that I play along. How will I know that I have won?"
"You won't"
"I won't know I have won, or I won't win?"
"Whichever way you want to look at it."
"I need some answers here."
"You won't know if you have won even if you win, as a consequence you will not win."
"Why should I play the game at all?"
"Because it is not a game to you."
"Then what is it?"
"Your life."

... The howling wind came back to life, and this part on, the conversation faded.

No comments: